Sunday, January 18, 2015

Here is a little something from The Moments After




Here is a little snippet of something that I'm in the process of writing. It's not edited, so if there's mistake which there are probably a lot of ...my bad :)





She asked me a question right before it happened.
“What are you wearing to the football game tonight?
“I’m not sure yet,” was my reply to Katie. That was the last time I spoke to her while her heart was beating. I cried out to her after as her body was slumped in her seat. I searched for her face, but it was inelegantly covered by her hair. I anticipated her raising her hand to move it, although her body was motionless. Her breath was nonexistent.  

I noticed he was quiet that day. Normally, he walked in saying hi and slapping hands with almost everybody. His voice and laugh was stereoed throughout the room. Not that day. That day not a word was spoken. As he silently took his seat in the row beside Katie, I thought to myself why he wasn't wearing his football jersey. Every Friday the players all wore them in anticipation for the game that night. He was the star quarterback. Known by everyone in town and loved by them all. He was just accepted to Florida State University on a football scholarship a month prior to him walking into the classroom for the last time.

Except for him not saying hello, that day was just like the rest of them.


Then, he stood up.

No comments:

Post a Comment